Fishing on the many mountain rivers, streams and lakes
BC Fishing Regulations
- The Elk and Fording Rivers provide outstanding fly fishing north of Elkford.
- Fishing can be done from either drift boats or walk and wade.
- An abundance of westslope cutthroat, bull and rainbow trout are available in the largely undiscovered waters.
- Many alpine lakes in the area, some near a road, and some requiring several hours hike.
- The Elk River has been proclaimed one of the best cutthroat fishing streams on the continent.
- Wildlife that is commonly viewed while fishing includes elk, moose, deer, bear, lynx, wolves, and occasionally bighorn sheep and mountain goats.